Grants and Capital Grants
The Landfall Foundation awards Grants and Capital Grants to nonprofit organizations in the Wilmington, NC area.
Grants are awarded for projects and programs up to $7,500. The Landfall Foundation is committed to providing funds for projects in the Arts, Education, and Health & Welfare for nonprofit organizations in the greater Wilmington, NC area.
Capital Grants are contributions toward the total cost of a project, such as a major construction project, expansion, renovation, maintenance, repair of existing facilities, or acquisition of new equipment. The maximum amount available for a Capital Grant is $30,000 in any one year.
One grant application is accepted per year from an organization. Only 501c3 organizations and public schools in New Hanover, Brunswick, and Pender Counties. An organization's 501c3 should be in existence for at least 2 years prior to the application deadline. The following process is required to apply:
- Organizations receiving a grant from the Landfall Foundation the previous year and re-applying this year, must complete and submit a Project Report to the Landfall Foundation by May 15th.
- Complete the Grant Application. (Grant applications are closed for 2017, applications will be available for 2018 grants in late February 2018).
- When the grant request is part of a larger project, the request should identify a specific area within the larger project.
- Mail six (6) copies of the application by US Postal Mail only, to the address indicated on the application which must be received by June 1.
- Organizations receiving grants for 2017 will be notified in October 2017. The awards will be made at a reception in November 2017.
For additional information or to request a form via mail, email, or fax, please contact the Grants Committee Co-Chair Ginger Wilson.
Inquiries also may be made in writing to: Grants Committee, Landfall Foundation, 1924 Pembroke Jones Drive, Wilmington, NC 28405. Please include the name of the organization, contact name, phone number and e-mail address.
Capital Grant APPLICATION
The Landfall Foundation considers grants for significant capital projects. Under Capital Grants, the last qualifying date for receipt of application should be January 5th Not January 15th. Pls. Delete my name as Chair.....The members should be Tom Thompson & Ken Trojniar as Co Chairs & Bill Bell and Abe Walston as members. delete Don and Karen.
- Complete the Capital Grant Application (pdf format) or Capital Grant Application (word download)
- Mail six (6) copies, by US Postal Mail only, of:
- current 501(c)(3) tax-exempt letter
- financial report
- board of directors
- project budget for the project applied for in the application
- The application and documents must be received by the Landfall Foundation Capital Grants Committee no earlier than November 15th and no later than January 5th of the ensuing year.
- Applicants not selected for final review will be notified promptly (no later than February 15) to allow the applicant to submit a regular Foundation Grant Request.
- If selected for final review, the applicant may be notified to present to the subcommittee (not to exceed 30 minutes) followed by a site visit (if deemed appropriate).
- The subcommittee will present and request a vote of the full Board of the Foundation.
- No later than April 15th the Chair of the Subcommittee will inform the applicant of the outcome of this vote which is final and at the sole and absolute discretion of the Landfall Foundation Board of Directors. No appeal is available.
Ginger Wilson, Co-Chair
Karen Rogalski, Co-Chair
Muffy Pepper, Chair
Stephany Delre, Chair
HEALTH & WELFARE
Brenda Roark, Chair
Tom Thompson, Co-Chair
Ken Trojinar, Co-Chair